New Year, New Smile!
Your smile is the first thing people notice about you, according to a USA Today poll, so why not make it the best it can be? With the new year comes the opportunity for a new smile, one that is healthy, straight, and bright. If you’ve been putting off orthodontic treatment for a while, this is your year to finally have the smile you’ve been dreaming of.
Why Should You Get a New Smile?
There are so many reasons to improve your smile beyond the fact that it’s the first thing people notice about you.
- Dental health: Having teeth that are crooked or a bite that is misaligned can lead to myriad oral health issues. When your teeth are crooked, there are more hard-to-reach spots for plaque and bacteria to hide during brushing and flossing. Additionally, some people’s teeth are so crowded they either can’t floss between them or there are large gaps in between the teeth that trap food. This can lead to cavities and gum disease.
- Addressing jaw pain: If your jaw feels sore while chewing, or if your jaw pops, it could be your jaw is out of alignment or you are suffering from TMJ. Orthodontic treatment may be one area that can improve this issue, leaving you with a more stable bite and pain-free mouth.
- Increased confidence: Many people want to straighten their teeth so they can smile confidently. The benefit of smiling without being self-conscious cannot be overstated. It leads to increased self-confidence and can help you during different professional and social situations.
What Are My Options for Getting a New Smile?
While a consultation with an orthodontist will give you personalized information, there are a couple treatment options most people use to get a new smile. At Fravel Brewer Orthodontics, we offer a variety of treatments to fit your lifestyle and budget.
- Braces: While many things have changed in orthodontics over the years, traditional metal or ceramic braces are still the most effective way to straighten teeth and correct jaw misalignment. Silver (or metal) braces are a common choice for kids and teens, while ceramic clear braces are more discreet and therefore more common choice for adults. Both types of braces work by applying gentle pressure to your teeth to straighten them and correct misaligned bites.
- Invisalign: This “invisible” treatment is becoming increasingly more popular among all age groups. Unlike metal or ceramic braces, patients can remove the specially-designed Invisalign aligners as needed, although you will be expected to wear them 20 hours each day. Fravel Brewer Orthodontics has a variety of Invisalign treatments, from Invisalign First (for kids ages 7 to 10) and Invisalign Teen, to Invisalign Express (which corrects one or two misaligned teeth), Invisalign Lite (which corrects minor issues over a short time period) or Invisalign Full (a comprehensive treatment for moderate to severe teeth and bite issues).
For all these treatments, we have a variety of different payment options and plans. Fravel Brewer Orthodontics charges the same price for all options of braces and Invisalign in most cases.
There is no time like the present for getting your new smile. If you’re ready to take the next step on your journey to better oral health, contact Fravel Brewer Orthodontics for your free consultation!
Fravel and Brewer Orthodontics has been helping patients achieve beautiful smiles as the preferred orthodontist in Winter Garden, Ocoee, and West Orange County, Florida for almost 30 years. Treatment options for kids and adults include Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, ceramic braces, and silver braces. Call us at (407) 656-0001 to schedule a free consultation today!